Thursday 13 November 2008

Settled

As I shake off the usual post Ben Lairig night haze I decided to sit down and blog. I love university and I love York, in a way that I didn’t think that I would, at least not so quickly. I've had good days and bad days here obviously but these past 5 weeks have been among the best in my life and have gone by so fast as well. When I was away for the weekend, up on a mountain in the cold I found myself missing home a bit, but this wasn’t me missing 47 Lyndon Rd (although I do sometimes mum!) this was me missing C block, my room and the people that I am lucky enough to live with.

On slightly less schmaltzy news I got 72 out of 100 on my first essay, which translates very loosely as being a first, while this is obviously only the first in a long line of essays I’m very pleased with both my result and the praise that I was given for it, so yaaay.

Oh and for the record of cool but odd places in York, the willow is a Chinese restaurant with a disco in it, free prawn crackers while you boogie!

No comments: