Thursday 20 November 2008

The Adventure Revealed.

If someone was to glance at my Facebook status they would notice that it said that I had been on a grand adventure. Now this phrase is vague and confusing so I will clarify.

We (that is to say Ben Lairig) played Pub Golf last night, it was fast and furious and I won! We then moved on to Reflex were we stayed till about closing. I was really not operating on all cylinders at this point and the only explanation for what happened next is that I turned right leaving the bar instead of left.....and kept on walking......and walking......and walking. I won’t bore you with the details of the actual trek but it’s safe to say that I was very lost. I eventually found my way back to Uni at about 5 in the morning. When I checked the route I must have taken (as I remember passing the archbishop of York junior school) it turned out I had walked over 9 miles and had ended up in not the next village but the village 2 over from York..... How I got so lost, or got so far before I realised I was lost, or how I managed to cross the A64 twice without realising it will remain a mystery to me. But Mum there was no injuries or danger so no needs to worry :)

So I am tired and havevnow reached legendary status both with my housemates and with Ben Lairig (unfortuantly as a massive waster but a legend none the less!)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hmmm, how drunk were you!!!

Unclematt said...

you are just an amateur.
Now when I was a lad...