Sunday 7 December 2008

A Quiet Weekend.

It’s been a quiet weekend this weekend. I took it off as I had already written it off from my schedule as I was unsure whether or not I would be in Scotland with Ben Lairig. So I had a free weekend and rather than using it to revise, as I have another 2 weeks to do that, I decided to chill.

On Saturday I was lucky enough to be invited out to lunch with my friend Laurence and his Mum, who was up shopping in York. We ate in the Café Rouge and it was really nice and good to get to know a bit more about a friend. We then came back home about 4 o’clock and I had a bit of a quiet afternoon reading a book and catching up with my e-mails. Then at 6.30 Rob knocked my door and declared that he ‘couldn’t be arsed to cook’ and knowing that I ‘was never arsed to cook’ would I like to go out to a pub for a bit of good food. So the six of us (we found some others) decamped to the Punch Bowl for a meal as I like to drink there and the food is meant to be good.

It probably is good, as the place was absolutely rammed with people, but we didn’t get to find out, as the place was rammed with people. So we went out in the town and once again ‘My Knowledge of Pubs’ was called upon once more. Unfortunately my knowledge is pretty limited when it comes to ‘not drinking’ and more ‘eating’ in them. Luckily I remembered that the Old White Swan did Sausages at the very least. As we had been in the cold for a while by that point we went there. And they did nice food, and good beer and it was warm. We then decamped back to the same Beer Festival that caused my Hangover/Red Bull Death but lesson learnt I drank in moderation and a good time was had by all. There was live music that night as it was the end of the beer festival and so we rung up the rest of our friends and settled in for the night.

I woke up at about 12.45 the next morning and went straight to the canteen for a carvery with some of my housemates (still not arsed to cook and also wanting a good meal). It was very nice and we chatted over a good roast beef dinner. I then came home after a good feed and slept again….till 6.30 were upon I then got up and made a spaghetti bolognaise before going to see The Matrix at the student cinema.

An unproductive but great weekend!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Thought I better comment after Ruth's statement last night!!

It is good to keep up with you on the Blog and I am looking forward to seeing you at the end of next week.