Saturday 9 May 2009

Not what I expected

So I’m actually sitting on my Uni bed at the moment, as opposed to the expected halfway up a Munro or in the Clachaig drinking an inordinate amount of beer. And while the next part of this extract may seem very upbeat (and it is) let me be very clear sunstroke is dangerous, sucks to have and I’ve never felt so ill in recent years. However today has been a very good day.

I woke up today feeling much better, to the point that I realised how ill I’d been the past couple of days. A drink in the provost’s garden to celebrate 40 years of Goodricke college followed by watching York crush Lancaster in Rugby but more importantly in the entire Roses competition!

So a good day, even if it was not the day I expected.

(Though it does suck to miss the Goodricke 40th anniversary Ball as I expected to be in Scotland and thus did not get a ticket!)

No comments: