Friday 29 May 2009

Another busy week

Firstly I might as well give you my latest extract of field diary. You might notice that it’s a bit lazy and that’s because I really am rather knackered after such a long week!

Week 2 Field Diary
Things are going really well on site; we have shifted through the top soil and have reached things that could actually be called archaeological. I have made a pretty good find and the rest of my group have found 4 cobbled standings that could actually be the standing for a small building. All of this happened in the last two days of this week, the first two days being important but quite monotonous clearings of top soil.

I have been working in the very corner of my trench, pretty much on my own remit as Alex has let me dig a trench through the topsoil to see what was going on in it. At the very end of it in the corner there is some kind of pit that seems to be full of roman rubbish but time will have to tell on what it is exactly and how big/deep it is as all we managed to do on Friday was shift the top soil once it was decided that it was all pretty worthless. This took the whole day but by the end of it we can see some features and interactions in the soil.

Right, on a social aspect things are ticking along nicely, I had my first social as Social Sec on Wednesday and it was a really big success. Everyone had a great time and more importantly told me that it was as good as they expected it to be!

People are also on board with my plans for the rest of the term so that’s good. I might add some more to this later on in the weekend but its very very hot here and I have had a very busy week!

No comments: