Tuesday 28 October 2008

Touching base!

Just a quick note to say that I am alive and still loving it. Well into the work side of things now with a full set of lectures and seminars under my belt as well as my essay almost done (I’m putting off the last 250 words to write this now). The Mesolithic is really exciting to me, which is odd as it was earlier than i was interested in before, so much so i have volunteered to help sort the finds from the latest excavation at Star Carr (big famous site, doing my essay on it) so a good foot in the door to the department proper.

I've also finally got my room just how I wanted it, having finally built the 'chest of draws' into a TV stand (mad DIY skillz) and we christened it by having 8 people crammed into my room to watch V for Vendetta (yes Ruth I took it with me, you can have it from Christmas :P) which was nice as other people have entertained me in their rooms and it was nice to repay them in kind. Also some cheaper nights in recently, some for free as I had beer left over so things are settling in to a nice routine.

Out with the guys from Ben Lairig again on Wednesday, a great bunch of guys and all from the years above as no regular fresher’s yet apart from me but I will see who comes to the next meet.

Well a quick note has turned into over the 250 words I would have needed to finish my essay, funny how some things are easier to write than others

No comments: