Monday 13 October 2008

First Days Done

I moved into York University this weekend. On my Birthday. And I was first to arrive.
Brilliant I thought, one birthday washout coming up. But i was to be more than presently suprised by my snazzy new housemates (all 20 of them!) Having known me for less than 5 hours they clubbed together for cake, candles and a banner and then kept me busy while they dolled up the kitchen. There really are worse ways to turn 19!
So i'm now a proud member of Goodricke College, more importantly staying on the ground floor of 'Cell Block C'. Its not that bad but not brilliant either. Luckily everyone is in the same boat and there is a great sense of comunity, even if the kitchen is really too small to fit us all in at the same time. First impressions of the people and the place are good. Freshers ball tomorrow DAVE BENSON PHILIPS AND HIS GUNGE TANK presiding. Then i guess the real work starts!

2 comments:

ruthdickson said...

Aww how lovely of them! Glad you had a good birthday and according to Flickr you seem to have very exciting neighbours!

By 20 flatmates do you mean that there's 20 of you all living on one corridor?!

Miss you! xx

Rebecca said...

I look forward to reading your blog and keeping up with you. Glad you are having fun

xx