Monday 19 January 2009

Holy Crap! (But Still a good walk)

I went to the Peak District yesterday and had a really good time. It was only a day trip, not our usual full weekend malarkey as this is the last bit of time we have to practice before winter skills roles around this coming Friday. It was a really, really good day out as the weather was fantastic, if a little cold and it didn’t rain all day, only spitting at us as we got into the car. Unfortunately for no reason right at the start of the walk I fell ill for a little bit. After scaling a waterfall, which is always fun I began to see spots and then was sick and then fell over. Luckily Trish has just finished the unis first aid course and realised I had just over exerted myself and would be fine, she asked all the right questions and knew exactly how I was feeling, giving me water, making me eat a sandwich and even giving me pain killers for “the pain that will soon appear behind your ears” which duly did!. Once it was obvious I was going to be fine we continued and did a good 10 mile walk and I really did feel fine. It was just a bit scary and there was no real reason for it happening.

Everyone on the walk was great though, checking I was fine every so often without being condescending or patronising. I found out at the meal after that I had gone green and my eyes had unfocused and that everyone was quite worried, but after the first 2 minutes of this thing it left as quickly as it had come on.

The meal after was good as well, I had a giant burger and a pint and then went to bed for 12 hours. I am now refreshed for the first in my new series of lectures. Expect updates on them later!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Blimey that does not sound good, hope you have continued to recover today