Sunday 5 July 2009

End o'term

I’ve really been remiss in keeping you up to date with what I’ve been up to/will be up to. As I move out tomorrow, or later today as it is 1.30am as I write this and thus lose my internet for at least the next week this seems like a good a time as any for an update.

The short version and reason for my general lack of contact is the new job, its actually quite good fun but is also totally chaotic and has me working a lot of hours. Today for example there was just 5 staff in for my whole shift and only 3 of us for the last 2 hours. And I mean in the whole store, not even just 3 guys on checkout. Nope there was just me on checkout, running the kiosk as well! Not bad for 2 weeks on the job!

As I mentioned before we are moving out of C Block tomorrow, and I spent the first part of today before work alternating between helping Sophy pack up her room and stopping her crying. To be honest saying goodbye to all my mates who are graduating this year sucked. I basically spent the week with the guys from Ben Lairig; we went to the summer ball as well as the end of campus party before ending the week with a quiet drink in the Rook, our old haunt. I’ll miss those guys and as much as things will be great the next two years won’t be the same as this one.

Tuesday was the last Archaeology social of the year. People descended on the Kings Manor in fancy dress. I went as a Roman solider and partied the night away till 3 in the morning. Actually this whole last week has seen me get about 20 hours sleep since Tuesday morning, but then that’s the end of term for you.

Now a long summer stretches out in front of me. It’s off to Charfield for a beer festival next Friday then Portugal in August as well as lots of shifts at the store.

I know this is a bit sporadic and reading it back everything is out of order but I’m sitting in a bare room surrounded by boxes feeling a little bit blue so I hope that it can be forgiven. So here it is, my last piece of correspondence from C Block

Rob Signing off!

No comments: