Tuesday 3 February 2009

I Can Has Snow/House?

So once again it’s been a wee while between my updates on my life, but for once this has not been because I haven’t really been up to much, it has been because I have been so very busy. Firstly there is the usual rigmarole of working towards passing my degree, funny how much time that seems to be taking up this term as the work gets interesting and the deadlines get closer. Archaeological Theory, unless you actually want to dedicate your life to it, isn’t that useful to the day to day archaeologist as it is deeply rooted in academia and opinions and can be hard to get your head round. Add to the fact that not are we only studying theory but also the history of theory and it does end up requiring a lot of reading.

I also went on a pretty big bender last week, not through any misguided sense of fun but just a lot of my societies/friends all had things on last week and the long and the short of it was that I was out partying each night of the week and then making it to 9.15 lectures. However I cut it out for the weekend to give my body (and liver) well deserved rest and may not even go out tonight, Wednesday will be a different story as it is Ben Lairig committee elections!

Then on the Saturday we finally found the house that we want to live in next year and on the Sunday we signed for it. 7 bedrooms, 4 toilets, 3 showers, kitchen and a living room with a garden in a house that (according to the previous tenants) is cheap to heat and has a good landlord. The rent is cheaper than what we pay now for living in good ol’ C block so it’s a real find and is in a nice area. On top of and beyond all this I get to live with people that I really want to live with, so yaaay!

Then on Monday it snowed, a lot so we had a campus wide snowball fight, then a smaller one with the provost’s kids. Life is good!

No comments: